"...and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever!"

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Hero from Home


Have you ever had a “hero?” You know, that image in your mind that encourages your mouth to say, “I want to be like him?” Young children grow up with their favorite “heroes.” Some children cheer for the reporter by day, and rescuer by night called “Superman.” Other children idolize the champion of Gotham City known as “Batman.” And still other children prefer heroes who aren’t “fictional”, but suit up in the uniform, make millions of dollars, and win championships in their respective arenas. But when I grew up, and when I thought about the one who could “conquer the world”, I always thought about my Father!

Dad has ALWAYS been my hero. In my opinion, he is one of the most successful men to ever live. He served as a Pulpit Minister for many years and through his service inspired me to preach the Gospel. He then chose to go into business, and he’s done very well as a business man. He’s also a very dedicated Elder, teacher, and friend to many. When people think about Danny Hawk, they can’t help but think about love for God, love for the church, and love for his family. But what makes him so successful is his commitment to serve God all the days of his life.

Father’s have a very special way of impacting their children. I can honestly say without the influence of Dad, I wouldn’t be who I am today. Without a doubt, “Fatherly influence” was molded in the mind of God. For those of us who experience the love from our earthly fathers, we know how much of a blessing they can be. But regardless if our earthly Fathers fill the roles that God intended them to fill, (which very often, they don’t), we know that we have a Father “beyond the sunset” who would love to be our “hero.” He will always love us, and He will never let us down. Even when we don’t feel close to Him, He gives us the invitation to become family, when He says, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters.” (2 Corinthians 6:18)

Will you accept His invitation? Do it quickly! Your “Hero” is waiting in your eternal home!