"...and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever!"

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting for a Reward!

The NFL Football Season is throttling along at full force! Each week we get one step closer to deciding who will play in the Super Bowl. Different teams bring different stories to the media marketplace. To the pure disappointment of some, and to the indescribable excitement of others, it has taken the Dallas Cowboys 13 weeks to get 4 wins. We’ve seen College Champions like Colt McCoy rise to the position of Professional Playmakers. Two weeks ago, the Houston Texans’ Wide Receiver Andre Johnson was illuminated by the beam of limelight. He received the game ball from Coach Gary Kubiak. Johnson didn't make a game winning Touch Down. He didn’t break any famous record. Johnson got into a fight and was ejected from the game! What a guy!

It seems like our society constantly rewards bad behavior. Actors receive millions of dollars and distinguished awards for starring in ethically, morally, and sickening roles. The Golf community still envies the golf swing of Tiger Woods, even though he’s a man infested with infidelity. Some of the richest people in the world maximize their bank accounts through questionable, if not detestable, ways. All the while, Christians sit back and wonder, “What about us? When will we get our reward for doing the right thing?”

But I don’t worry, because I KNOW the DAY is coming! I’ll give up the game ball. I’ll give up the Oscar or the Emmy. You can have the monstrous drive and all the money in the world! Just give me a seat at the Lord’s Table. Let me fall down at the throne of God. Let me spend eternity surrounded by heavenly glory!

That’s the REWARD I’m waiting for! I hope YOU will join me!