"...and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever!"

Monday, March 14, 2011

Categorizing Calories?

Last week, Natalie and I broke out of our shell and we went to Jack in the Box. I can't make any sense of it other than that's what "Little Hawk" was craving, and "Little Hawk" already takes priority in our family! I've always enjoyed Jack in the Box, but I've never been a huge fan. Obviously, it's fast food which demotes it on the "delightful" scale, but what do you expect? Have you seen their prices? 99 cents for two tacos; Come on, who can beat that? Then again, it does make you wonder what's in those tacos if they are willing to sell them for less than two quarters a piece! But when I was standing in line struggling to decide what "dish" I wanted to clog my arteries, I couldn't help but listen to the woman in front of me. As she was searching the menu, which seemed like half an hour, she finally decided on a #4. The worker at the counter who was equally as tired as I was asked the usual question, "Would you like fries with that?" To which this woman responded, "No, I don't need the fries, but I will take the bacon cheddar wedges!" Now that's the way to cut back!

I'm afraid that we often live in this same world of self-denial. As Christians, we don't necessarily "Categorize our Calories", but we seem to "Categorize our Sin!" We convince ourselves that it's wrong to committ "that" sin, but it's ok to committ "this" one. Since when? God detests all sin, and every short coming stunt of the flesh is equally wrong in the eyes of God!


So next time you step up to the "menu" of sin, please remember: It's ALL bad, NONE of it's worth it, and it will CERTAINLY catch up with you! Better yet, just step aside and don't even order! Stick to the "Bread of Life."