"...and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever!"

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sermon from a Sonogram




This week Natalie and I were blessed to once again experience the amazing technological advances of this age. It gave me chills when I saw Hayden's eyes, lips, nose, arms, legs, and feet developing so quickly. But then, something struck me I'll never forget. Hayden is a product of Natalie and me. We created him. In some ways, he is the replica of our image.

I can't imagine what it's like for God to look down from His porch in Heaven and see His children He created, all of them replicating His image. However, I did feel a connection to God's Fatherly qualities. I already love Hayden more than life itself, but I have a sense of anxiousness. Not only will Hayden be a physical extenstion of Natalie and me, but he will also bear the Hawk name. What character will he carry? What reputation will he hold? I can only pray he will make us proud.

Even my baby boy preached a sermon to his daddy preacher. God created all of us in His image, and as His children, we bear His name. Let's make Him proud. We're an extension of Him, and that isn't an "image" or "name" we want to distort!