"...and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever!"

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's the Simple Things...



This past week was extremely busy for me. Between sermon preparation, speaking engagements that required me to travel, graduate studies and church activities, it felt like I was travelling 1,000 mph. By 9:00 Sunday evening, after Sunday's "hustle and bustle" had come to a close, exhaustion had set in.

However, I had the opportunity to enjoy something the Texas Hill Country hasn't seen in months. As soon as we walked in the door, Natalie and I sat on our back porch and watched the storm roll over the hills of Kerrville. With every flash of lighting and roar of thunder, I felt the presence of Almighty God. The aroma from the much needed moisture reminded me of God's faithfulness. As the rain fell from the sky, my soul was refreshed like the parched ground below. Sometimes, it's the simple things that mean the most.


When was the last time you stopped to appreciate the "simple things"? They come in many forms and fashion, but they all serve the same purpose; they remind us how great God is, and how small we are in comparsion. In this complex world, search for simplicity. It makes all the difference.