"...and I will dwell in the House of the LORD forever!"

Monday, January 23, 2012

Phrases to Avoid

I recently read an article entitled, "Seven Phrases Never to Use at Work". I have to admit that these phrases are as dangerous as sulfuric acid. They can destroy goals, hopes, and dreams within a matter of minutes.


"Someday" (Someday is a deceptive word. It excites us about the future, but decades pass and we realize that "Someday" is still "Today"!)


"Not Good Enough" (It might not be perfect, but something has to be "Good Enough" to keep your job!)



"I Don't Have the Time" (Everyone has time to improve. If you don't, you'll have more time when you're unemployed!)


I can see why these phrases destroy workplace morale, but these same phrases are just as detrimental to the Christian life. "Someday" quickly fades into the mist of missed opportunities. "Not Good Enough" is one of Satan's best lies. "I Don't Have the Time" is simply an excuse given by everyone who has time. If Jesus had the time to die for us, we have the time to live for Him!


Choose your words carefully.