Monday, August 6, 2012
1) Gossip (Crossing professional boundaries and breaking confidentiality are bridges that are very difficult, if not impossible, to rebuild.)
2) Lack of Prioritization (Mangers need to look at a landscape of projects and define the most important tasks, and then stay focused on those goals.)
3) Complaining (Managers need to have the maturity to understand how the momentary negatives can strengthen the long term positives of a company. They also need judgment to raise concerns professionally through the right channels, rather than sharing negativity with anyone who will listen.)
4) Lack of Initiative (Promotions are given to those who go above and beyond the minimum.)
Why are these reasons eye-opening? They also explain why we miss promotions in our faith. These same handcuffs handicap our potential.
1) Gossip (The Proverbs writer said it so well in Proverbs 16: 28 when he wrote “gossip separates close friends.” Have you found this to be true?)
2) Lack of Prioritization (Paul said in Philippians 3:8 that he considered everything a loss comparing to knowing Jesus. Paul grew with this mindset, have you?)
3) Complaining (Paul told the church at Philippi in Philippians 2:14, “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God…” Have you become blameless and pure?)
4) Lack of Initiative (Jesus said in Matthew 5:41, “If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.” How many miles have you clocked on your odometer?)
You see, we struggle in our faith just like workers struggle in their workplace, but you can change the trend. Here’s a great place to start.